Wednesday, April 4, 2012

House hot pickle recipe!

  We've had a lot of people react to the house hot pickles, so I thought I'd show you how they come together here.  I love these pickles, they are simple and quick and go well with so many things.  These come with the Falafel tacos, yesterday and today I served them with the Korean BBQ tacos, they have won over enough people (including myself) that they will be made a permanent part of the menu.  Make them at home, they're fun and versatile and disappear quick.
We start with English Cucumbers, they're less watery and
have fewer seeds.  They are sliced on the mandolin for
quick, even cuts.

Crinkle cut












In a blender mix rice vinegar and sugar
to a ratio of about 5-1, and add enough
salt to make the vinegar to salt ratio 20-1.
This is 2L of pickle brine, and I added
10 whole garlic cloves, and about 15 whole
chile de arbols.   
Blend well





Refrigerate in a container at least 24 hours, best after 48

No comments:

Post a Comment